One-to-one and Group Tutorials
While each has their own advantages, 1-to-1 and group tutorials both provide a more personal educational experience than that given in the traditional classroom.
- The student has the undivided attention of the tutor, no distractions
- Lessons can be tailored to suit the student’s needs and learning speed
- The tutor can travel to the student’s home (or other convenient location) to better fit the student’s schedule
- Small groups of 3 to 5 students share the tutor’s attention
- Great for holiday revision and exam preparation
- More economic than 1-to-1 tutoring
- Students are able to bounce around ideas and concepts, motivate one another
One-to-one tutoring is the gold standard for students who require individual attention, or need to catch-up on coursework they’ve missed.
Group tutorials are best suited to course revision and exam preparation; both Oxford and Cambridge universities use them to great effect. To see group classes that are currently offered in your city, simply select the 'group' button during a search.
If there’s no suitable group tutorial nearby, feel free to ask a tutor to provide one. If you can assemble a few other keen students, it’s likely they’ll be happy to arrange a class.